Website

montanamagicphotography.com

Monday, February 1, 2016

February Featured Photo

This month's featured photo is "Strike", a handsome 16 hand black Percheron I had the pleasure to work with at a guest ranch last summer. Horses have such beautiful liquid eyes, and I found myself taking many close-up photos of him, along with his half brother "Lightning", and a pair of Percheron/Fjord crosses named "Pete" and "Repete" (not a misspelling, he's a full brother to Pete and born one year to the day later).  

Once I get photos edited, I usually take the ones that really need to be deleted (for any number of reasons), and play with the filters on Photoshop.  As I'd stated in an earlier post, this almost always gives me something so off the wall that I really like it, as was the case here. I used the "stylize" link from the drop down menu, and then "solarize".  I love the neon blue highlights, along with the fact that his eye stayed its original soft brown, so that he still looks like a horse and not an alien zombie.  

Don't delete "bad" photos until you've tried this.  Oh, and just one warning - it's addicting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment