Website

montanamagicphotography.com

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

New Addition

When I purchased my digital SLR six years ago, I opted for an 18-135 zoom lens, and a 75-300 zoom; figuring that at the time these would be sufficient for general shooting and learning just what this camera would do.  And it did - until I decided that I needed something more for shooting birds and other wildlife.  

Between my photo note cards and selling photos I've shot at dog and horse events, I squirreled away every dime to get just the lens I wanted and today I ordered a Sigma 100-600 zoom lens from Adorama Camera in New York City.  Ok, so the Sigma wasn't exactly the lens I wanted - what I really wanted was a Canon professional 100-600 zoom, but that was just a little out of my budget, costing almost twice as much as my (used) SUV...  But Sigma has been around the photography world for quite a long time, and this particular lens had great revues.  I've also purchased a couple of smaller lenses from Adorama and have received not only good quality products, but great customer service. 

I held my breath as I clicked on the "check out" button on Adorama's website - that was a lot of money to drop down all at once, but it's what I've wanted and what I've been saving for, so - click away!   I should have it within the week and even though it's the dead of winter, there just may be a day long road trip in my very near future to try this baby out!

No comments:

Post a Comment