Website

montanamagicphotography.com

Friday, March 2, 2018

Ideas

I signed up today for a Spring Market in a small town about an hour south of me. I've done their holiday markets for the past four years, and do quite well there, but they decided to move it to spring to avoid as much holiday competition as possible.  There are far too many many markets around the holidays! 

I opted not to make new cards, but to just try and sell what I currently have to clean house, so to speak. I did go through them all and brutally edited out ones that I really liked but had not sold well in the past - if at all. Those went into the discount basket; $1.00 each. The price alone should sell them. 

I decided to try and sell prints for the first time. I picked out my very best photos and ordered 100 5x7s and 100 8x10s - mixed and matched. I also found a place that sold white beveled mats with backer boards and clear sleeves at a very reasonable cost. I ordered enough to cover all of the photos I ordered. I can't wait to see how they look!  

I also called the Downtown Association about information regarding the signal boxes around town. These large, ugly, gray boxes have been commissioned to local artists, who have painted wonderful scenes and designs on them, and have turned them into beautiful works of art!  I've been very interested in photographing them, and the lady who answered the phone was so very helpful in showing me where to find the locations of all of the boxes.

We discussed three other possible photo projects as well - one that I want to do and two that she suggested. She said there is a good chance they will pay me a stipend for copies of the photos, and will make sure my name is on each one they use. I agreed wholeheartedly!  

Nope, sorry - I'm not going to reveal what these projects are just yet. You'll have to wait until they are done and ready to be shown to the public. Really, I'm not certain anything will come of it, but if nothing else it will be great publicity for my business! 

No comments:

Post a Comment