Website

montanamagicphotography.com

Monday, March 5, 2018

A Lucrative Deal??


Years ago I had contacted the Missoula Equestrian Park, to find out about shooting photos at their events. The response I got was basically, “sure, go ahead”. I did go to a few of their events but nothing panned out, so I bagged it.  

This past weekend, I looked them up again online, only to discover that their website has been changed from Missoula Equestrian Park, to Missoula Equestrian Club.   Hmmm…  I took a shot and contacted them again. I received a reply the very same day from Rachel, who is the secretary of the club. Her reply was as follows:
           
            “Good Morning Vicki,

            I looked at your website - your work is beautiful - very excited you want to come
            photograph our equestrians! Please see BSHP calendar for all event dates.
           
            For the Mini's and the CMR shows - packets are given out to all who enter. I'd
            suggest you provide fliers for us to include in the packets, as well as display at
            the  show office, or even a banner too if you have one.
           
            The BSHP (Big Sky Horse Park), Board is happy to put a link from their website
            to yours to promote your service, and asks that in return, you provide 5-6 digital
            images to the Park, per event shot, for promotional purposes. These shots will of
            course include your photo credit.

            I've cc'd all the other BSHP show managers so that they can contact you for their
            specific events.

            Thanks so much for reaching out to us - look forward to seeing you this Spring!”

WOW!  This is very exciting news!  I’ve checked out their website before, and they usually have at least two events per month. If it all pans out, this could turn out to be a very lucrative contact!  

Originally my thought was to go back to work full time in the winter, but if I can find other events during the winter months I would make it permanent.  Maybe I would just go back full time between Thanksgiving and Christmas…  four weeks of chaos. I could handle that.  Maybe…

No comments:

Post a Comment