Website

montanamagicphotography.com

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

December Featured Photo

The featured photo pictured here is one I took by accident.  While attempting to photograph a newborn calf in a nearby pasture, and all of a sudden there was a face right in front of me.  I had been "photo bombed" by a cow!  The second she heard the shutter however, she was off like a rocket, heading to the far side of the pasture.  

Once I got the photos for that day on the computer I almost deleted this one, but decided to play around with it first, just to see what would happen. Sometimes I turn them into black & white photos and sometimes I push the limits of what the computer can do with them. Adobe Photo Shop has all sorts of filters, some that replicate what you can - or used to - do in a darkroom (such as solarizing, or high contrast), and others that are just fun and funky. This one ended up with "Glowing Edges", and I added some red for color.  As it turned out, this became one of my favorite shots.  It seems that quite a few of my favorite photos are ones that were almost deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment