Website

montanamagicphotography.com

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

My Wild West

For several years now, I've wanted to get into rodeo photography. I've gone to numerous rodeos in the area, shooting from whatever vantage point I could. Used to be they'd let you through the security gates, but only far enough to allow you to shoot next to the fence. No more. Liabilities and law suits have changed all that. Now you have to be a member of the rodeo association to get anywhere other than the grandstands.

I love shooting behind the scenes; capturing not only the camaraderie, but also those moments of preparation, anticipation, and tension. I had to find a way to do that!

Then I found the Northern Rodeo Association, which holds rodeos all over the state of Montana. Membership is a lot less expensive than the national organizations, so I figured this was a chance to break into a new and exciting type of photography, so I joined. I missed the first rodeo because I did not have my membership card yet, but looking forward to several more in the next few months, and hopefully some great photos!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment